Due to some crazy May weather (90s in May!), after a Saturday morning outdoor yoga class and getting a few tomato plants in the ground, I retired to my air-conditioned sewing room. Not in the mood for a big project, I decided to tackle a few blocks on my to-do list.
First up was Carolyn's block for our Redbird Quilting Bee. These "Good Fortune" fabrics from Kate Spain are just gorgeous and Carolyn chose a fun and easy block - Ruby, Pearl and Opal free at Moda Bake Shop.
I've had the templates and pattern for the "Retro Flowers" quilt for a couple of weeks. For my first attempt I used Kona aqua for a background and a light print for the flower. Didn't love this one, so I switched to something totally different.
White background with a floral print from "Hello Pilgrim". Better, so...
I pulled some coordinates for 8 more blocks. Just a note on the pattern: The curve was easy to piece and it's trimmed down to size, so you don't have to worry about stretching out of shape. Love that! I also changed up the center strip a bit so that there's less bulky seam in the middle.
And finally, 2 more blocks for the Dresden Fan quilt. I decided to change the white centers to navy - it looks more striking to me.