Seems I've been making my Lone Starburst blocks for quilt a while! In fact, I think I made the first one last Summer when Anna Maria Horner's Field Study line was released.
After that first one, I decided to go a bit simpler and use 2 prints for the inner star and a coordinating solid for the outline of the star.
The blocks are paper pieced and as paper piecing tends to be - some slow sewing.
And on the very last block and last few pieces, I found myself short by about an inch with no solid fabric left. That required and online order and more waiting for fabric to arrive...
When the time came to put the blocks together, I tried several scenarios, unhappy with anything I came up with. An internet search of the block found only a couple of finished quilts - lots of pillows, but few quilts.
It took a few weeks of mulling before this setting came to mind. And the slow process paid off - I couldn't be happier with the quilt!
There was no way I was going to get rid of that original block, so it's pieced into the backing.
My final dilemma was how to bind it. I wanted to use a Field Study print, but didn't have enough of any one of them to work. More mulling and a scrappy Field Study binding was the answer.
Thanks so much to Anna from Six White Horses for the fantastic block pattern. You can find it for free here: Lone Starburst.