Thursday, January 27, 2011

Inspiration

Our Saint Louis Modern Quilt Guild has issued a challenge. Use 21 pieces of a Kona Cotton solid charm pack, generously donated by Robert Kaufman to create a quilted wall hanging. I seldom do challenges (I really don't like any guidelines), but I'm taking this one.
I'm searching for inspiration and on a recent trip to Crate and Barrel, I found a bit. This pillow... I see a block here.

A gorgeous table runner...

I think I see a bit of a pieced design in this...
This one reminds me of Oh Fransson's Tokyo Subway Map quilt along.
And the newest issue of the e-magazine Fat Quarterly is focused on solids.


Maybe I CAN do this?? Next stop, EQ7!

3 comments:

  1. I'm working on mine today...I got stuck after sewing some together...but hubby actually helped me talk through it last night and i got it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link. I have been stuck as to what exactly to do. This is my first solids only quilt and I have am not sure of what to do.

    Thanks again and have a super great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky! My KC MQG is requiring that we use ALL of the colors in our RK Kona Solid Charm Pack!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!