On to a new project! I've been smitten by this Pyramid Quilt from Anthropologie (though, it looks like it's no longer available if you're wanting to spend some big bucks).
And when I saw Mary's rendition, I knew I had to try one!
I decided to create a bit of an ombre effect by positioning my solid triangles from light to dark down the quilt. I cut out lots of pyramids, sewed them together in pairs and put them on the design wall. Agh! I wasn't liking the look and had spent a whole day cutting and sewing.
I've been known to scrap a project at this point, but I was determined to push on. I went to EQ and drew out my idea. I kind of liked it on paper!
So yesterday, I sewed together what I had so far and voila! Love it! I'm learning - sometimes you have to push ahead, look at the big picture and do some more sewing before a design comes together. It certainly is the sum of it's parts.
And now I'm thinking of adding a "touch" of red.
The challenges of a quilter! It is what makes this fun! . . . Cindy