Yesterday I started one of my 2015 new projects. Bring Me Flowers, a pattern by Jen Kingwell. My first block turned out pretty well, but not without some resewing. I had the stems positioned all wrong - they didn't even touch the "flower" motif. So I unappliqued them and resewed. They're still not perfect, but I'll get better.
My Flowering Snowball Quilt... My plan was to hand quilt this. I basted it together for hand-quilting, started quilting and decided I didn't enjoy the quilting or love the look to do the whole thing. Hand quilting for me is definitely for smaller projects. So off to the machine I went. My mistake was to leave the basting stitches in. In hindsight, I should have pin-basted it and removed the thread basting. My machine foot is annoyingly getting caught up in the threads, but I'm now more than half-way done so I'll continue. Take my advice - no thread basting for machine quilting!
So now I'm in the middle of machine quilting 2 quilts. A common mistake for me here - I quilted a motif in the squares that I didn't like at all. After 3, I ripped the stitching out and found something new. We're now on a roll...
And this project is back on track. My original plan was to make the blocks with a Heather Bailey print and a variety of solid colors. Four blocks looked great (you may have seen them on Instagram), 8 blocks looked like a chaotic mess. So back to the drawing board and I'm going with a soft look of prints and white. Liking this much better...
And just for the fun of it one night, I made this little Dresden from a Day Sail 2 1/2" pack. No problems here - I love it! Just not sure what to do with it!
Something I know for sure - changing your mind and unstitching are just part of the process. Honestly I don't even think about it much!
Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced!